I asked my daughter to make snowy grouper filets over potatoes, onions, and peppers. I did not know it would evolved into such a delicious meal so I asked her for the recipe. Snowy grouper has a mild sweet fish flavor making it perfect to lay on top of potatoes. Here is my daughter’s recipe:
“When I made this dish, I improvised and didn’t measure the ingredients, but for the sake of this recipe, I’ve estimated how much of each ingredient was used.
Chipotle Grouper with Potatoes
5 servings of grouper or similar fish fillets, cut to 1/4-1/2” thickness
6 medium sized gold potatoes, diced
1 medium sized tomato, diced
1 cup frozen diced onions & peppers (aka sofrito mix)
1/2 cup chipotle ranch salad dressing
1/4-1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
olive oil to taste
salt to taste
1. Set oven to broil, 450 degrees.
2. In a glass baking dish or aluminum foil lined pan, combine diced potatoes, onions, peppers, and tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil and salt, then toss ingredients together until blended. Spread the mix evenly along the bottom of the pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine fish fillets and chipotle ranch dressing until fillets are well coated on both sides. Discard remaining dressing.
3. Lay the dressing covered fillets over the bed of vegetables, and sprinkle panko bread crumbs over the top until well covered.
4. Place pan in the preheated oven and broil for 15 minutes, until the bread crumbs are toasted on top. Turn off broil setting and continue baking at 350 degrees for another 15 minutes.
5. If desired, serve with additional chipotle ranch dressing on the side. Enjoy!”